Dear Future Students,
Today is a big day for me. Well, this past week and a half has been big. A big change, but a good change. Today in particular feels like the biggest day compared to the rest. Why?
Today is the day I meet a new set of kiddos, I meet you. The day that I am able to start impacting, teaching, and growing with you. We are in this together.
Today is the first day of school. I am expecting some of you to be a bit standoffish whereas others will great me with open arms. Either is okay. Just know I only want you to be happy, succeed, and follow your dreams.
I trust you. I trust you to make good choices for you and others around you. I trust you to push yourself mentally, physically, and developmentally. I trust that if you are taking a chance to push yourself you will succeed. I trust that if things don’t work out the first time, you’ll have the perseverance to try again. I trust you to trust me. With your trust in me we will do so much more together than we could alone.
I will push you because I know you are capable of so much more. I will challenge you because I believe in you. You will challenge me too and I welcome it. I am here to change and grow – just like you!
The secret to change is to focus all your energy not on fighting the old, but building the new.
You may be new to this school (like me!) or new to this town, but you are welcomed and encouraged to change it for the better. You may be accustomed to how things have been done before, but let’s break the cycle and try something new.
Let’s encourage each other to reach their potential, to reach their dreams because you all deserve that. Kindness does not go unnoticed.
I am excited. I am nervous. I am happy. I am ready. Let’s tackle this year with confidence. Let’s take charge of this school year and challenge ourselves, challenge each other.
Today is a big day. Let’s take time to enjoy today so we can conquer the change to come this year.
For those of you who don’t follow me on Facebook or Instagram, I have accepted a new job! My blog will be changing a bit as I won’t have preschoolers to build off of. I will be a math specialist at a local elementary school, working and engaging with every grade. Going from preschool to public school is a big (and scary change) but it is a change that I need to make.
I have some ideas of what I am going to start posting as I get into the swing of things, but I would love to know what you want to read! You can email me or write ideas in the comments! It can be anything kid/family related, DIY’s, Classroom design, etc.
Next month I am teaming up with 30 different bloggers to talk about fall and nature! I’ll be sharing a different post over on my facebook page, make sure you give it a like to stay updated!
Thanks so much for reading! For those starting a new school year I hope it is wonderful! 🙂
- The Repurposed Nanny – She has bits of everything from DIY, Lifestyle, Kids, Recipes, and Decor.
- The Playful Learner – Words cannot express how much I love Amber’s blog. She sees childhood and learning just like I do! A time to play and explore through play. I urge you to check out her blog!
- Fairy Dust Teaching – A preschool teacher who teaches with a Reggio mindset. I LOVE her classroom set up that she shares.
- The Kavanaugh Report – This is a Montessori blog. Nicole, the author, is a mother of young children and exposes them to practical life skills such as cutting with a knife at age 1.
- Risky Play in Preschoolers
- A Letter to My Future Students
- Teaching Kindness Every Day
- 5 Ways to Set Children Up For Success
- What We Are Missing In Early Childhood