Teaching Tips are everywhere on the internet. If you have taken a classroom management class from a college they also give you classroom management tips. These tips I have found through various Facebook groups for teachers.
13 Teaching Tips
- They do not mold to me, for me, or with me. I transform the teachings to mold to them.
- Build Kindness before academics.
- See the potential in every child.
- Share your calm, don’t join in the chaos.
- When a child has a meltdown, remember it is their internal battle, not yours.
- Be silly! When you are silly they will be silly and everything will be fun.
- Meet the children where they are, not where you expect them to be.
- Be present. Watch. Ask. Listen.
- Stay true to, respect, and honor childhood itself. They only have one childhood.
- Celebrate each child’s unique voice and learning style.
- Go with the flow and enjoy the ride.
- Teach the children you have, not the children you think you should have.
- Establish a good solid routine. Children are able to self-regulate better when they know what to expect.
We all feel a bit drained sometimes, it happens to everyone. When you are feeling drained I think it is best to find ways to get your mind back to why you started teaching to begin with. Children are learning how to manage and process so many different things at once it can be overwhelming for everyone.
Teaching children is more than making sure they are safe. It is helping them develop and grow into functioning humans.
Thank you for reading! Let me know your teaching tips in the comments!
If you enjoyed this, check out these other bloggers!
The Repurposed Nanny – She has bits of everything from DIY, Lifestyle, Kids, Recipes, and Decor.
The Playful Learner – Words cannot express how much I love Amber’s blog. She sees childhood and learning just like I do! A time to play and explore through play. I urge you to check out her blog!
Please, don’t forget to subscribe so you never miss a post!